Sunday, October 25, 2009

Random update....

My friend Linda updates her blog like every week or something crazy like that. Let's face it I will never be that dedicated or interesting, but she has motivated me a bit. And besides I am very bored right now. I have had the swine flu, but I think I am on the mend since I'm no longer sleeping non stop. Clyde came down with it first, and I followed right behind him. Bryan has been lucky... so far. Clyde was disappointed that he had to miss his last regular season football game, and I am a nervous wreck about my holiday open house it's only 18 days away.
Okay my last post was in March, and lots of things have happened since then. I think we will just go with the top ten... not necessarily in any order!
1. Ella! My wonderful little flesh and blood granddaughter, Ella, was born on July 30, 2009! She is the love of my life! Who knew being a grandma could be so great! You have probably seen all of the pictures her proud mom and aunt have posted on facebook! For more Ella info... see Heather's blog!
2. I was going to run the Wasatch Back in May, but I got a nasty stress fracture that kept me out of my running shoes for almost 3 months. I was terrified of gaining back the weight I'd worked so hard to loose, so I took up biking and swimming. What an experience. A comical one for the old men and the rec center who witnessed my attempts at self instruction night after night. (Believe me they made no secret of it) I finally signed up for some lessons, and by the time my swim team nieces from Texas showed up I was ready to learn the flip turn. I still need a lot of swimming practice before I attempt my first triathlon next spring.
3. Clyde started his senior year of high school! Yikes I am really getting old. He has had an awesome year in football! He plays D End and has done a great job of pressuring the QB's all season! He even made it into the Salt Lake Tribune and the Desert News a few times!
4. Homecoming... at the shop we had 3 weeks in a row of late nights making corsages and bouts for all the high school kids! It is a crazy busy time for us... the kids are great, but their parents can really make me crazy. (special note... let your kid order his/her own flowers for the dance. It really doesn't matter if the dress is aqua, teal, or pale icy green there aren't flowers that color anyway! We (or who ever your florist is) will do something wonderful to coordinate with it.)
Homecoming... Clyde had a cute date and lots of fun... for pictures check out his facebook page... His date posted-- not him. He is never on.
5. Byran and I went to Cancun-- it was the most random, spur of the moment thing we have ever done. Booked it on Tuesday left on Friday! We had a blast! We were actually just looking online for an inexpensive little get away for our anniversary-- thinking San Diego or San Francisco or something like that when we came across a great deal at an all inclusive resort including tips, taxi, airfare ect.
6. Marchele moved to Provo... she is going to UVU and having a blast with her new roommates! One is her best childhood friend Alex! For more detail see her blog!
7. Marchele got a new car! A shiny blue chevy aveo. She loves it! For more details see her blog!
8. Monica announced that she is expecting again! This will be grandchildren number 6 AND 7 for Bryan and I. Yes she is having twins. Yikes all under 4!
9. After 7 years in business, we have shortened the shops name to Willow, and updated our logo. We felt we needed to update and make it a bit more modern. Our sign, van, and website are all in the process of being updated. You can follow us on facebook now for the latest Willow news, sales, discounts and printable coupons. Our page on facebook is Willow.
10. After 6 floods in our basement, and almost a year of not using it because we couldn't decide what to do to keep the water problem at bay, we are finally moving forward! We are having a watergard system installed around the perimeter along with 3 sump pumps, 2 inside 1 outside. If all goes as planned it will be done in time for Thanksgiving. If we flood again, I will scream!

5 comments:

Marchele said...

Thanks for updating your blog mom!!! Even though I knew most the news since I call you everyday haha! I didn't know about the basement plans and some other details you included! Love you!!

The Curtis Clan said...

Yea! Thanks for the update. As always, your life just sounds busy. Totally jealous of Mexico, thinking you are a stud for teaching yourself how to swim (a BIG fear of mine), and way too cute to have so many stinking grandkids (holy cow Monica - yikes)!

Cristi said...

Are you feeling better yet? Yes Ella is so cute and spoiled:) she is fun! We are excited for your open house and good job on getting a move on the basement:)

linda said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick, looking on the bright side, it did get you to blog. Love your new store name too, very chic.

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

Hi Mind... Loved this post. I think it is time for an update!!! (smile)